Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 2: Searching the Web

Hello, Welcome to Week 2 of my blog.

I decided to use Clusty to do my search. I chose my subject of research to be Standardbred Horses. I know a great deal about Standardbreds so I thought this would be a good topic because I would know whether or not Clusty was giving me the correct feedback that I am looking for. When I began my search I put in the phrase “Standardbred Horses” and I was given approximately 70,400 web pages that would give me potential results.

The first website I was given as a result was Standardbred Horse, the URL being, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standardbred_horse. I was hoping for results that directed towards information about Standardbred Horses and this website gave me information however the second URL that I was given was more about adopting Retired Standardbred Horses rather than telling me about them.

After reviewing some of the results I got from this, I do not believe this was a very good phrase to use in my search. I should have narrowed my search from the broad world of Standardbred Horses to a smaller horizon such as Standardbred Horse Facts which potentially would have yielded me with better results.

No comments: