Monday, March 17, 2008

Online Storage: Photobucket.com

The online storage company that I chose to write my blog on is Photobucket. I personally use Photobucket to store my photos for free online. As far as I know, photobucket is only used to store videos and pictures and it is a very useful source for creating links to your photos so they may be put on other pages such as myspace.

There is no yearly contract or fee for using Photobucket and it make your pictures more accessible. One of my friends, who is a photographer uses Photobucket to put up her pictures so people can access them and critique or praise her work.

If I was in her shoes, I would not personally use Photobucket to publish my photographs because it is easy for people to take them and use them as their own seeing that there is not much copyright protection involved in Photobucket. Also, if you didn't have a backup copy of your photos that are uploaded onto the website, if the website were to shut down, all your photos could be lost.

However according to our text, a plus of using an online storage system is that it can be accessed through any PC that has an internet connection. Photobucket also saves a lot of space on your computer because the photographs are uploaded on a website rather than on a personal hard-drive.

No comments: